Breakfast has always been a struggle for me. I am not a morning person and I’m one of those weird folks that would rather eat a turkey sandwich for breakfast than a plate of eggs and sausage. However, I have discovered I like breakfast tacos! I found that my husband and I were going out for breakfast tacos 2-3 times a week! That’s a lot to eat out just for breakfast! I decided to experiment by making freezer breakfast tacos. I’ve made freezer burritos in the past and they are always a hit! It was the same story with the tacos! We devoured 24 tacos in 3 weeks!
This was a quick and affordable way to eat homemade breakfast tacos often without breaking the bank! They are delicious! The ingredients can be up to you! You decide! I made one batch with bacon and another with sausage!
Freezer Breakfast Tacos
- 1lb Owen’s Breakfast Sausage
- 1/2 Onion, diced
- 1 package Frozen Country Style Hashbrowns (cubes)
- 2 cups shredded Sharp Cheddar
- 4 Eggs, scrambled
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 10-12 Flour Tortillas
- Brown the sausage with the onion in a skillet and strain. Set aside.
- Scramble the eggs and cook. Set aside.
- Lay 3 tortillas out at a time on a baking sheet.
- Scoop a spoonful of sausage, potatoes, eggs, and cheese into each tortilla.
- Carefully roll each taco up and wrap tightly in aluminum foil.
- Repeat until all tortillas have been used.
- Store the tacos in a 1 gallon freezer bag labeled with the date they were made.
- To eat, dispose of the foil and microwave on a plate for about 30-45 seconds. You can also set a few aside in the fridge the night before so they are thawed and cook faster in the microwave.
Photos and recipe belongs to Katy at http://www.redbirdrecipes.com