Well hello there! Today I’m sharing a classic cookie bar recipe from Nestle Toll House® ! These chocolate chip and pecan cookie bars coated with a fluffy buttercream icing are a yummy treat for any Independence day celebration.
I love the sweet and salty flavor of these treats! Try them out!
Chocolate Chip and Pecan Cookie Bars
Cookie Recipe by Nestle Toll House®
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar (packed, light or dark)
- 2 sticks of Butter, softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking SODA
- 2 1/2 cup Flour
- 2 cups of Nestle Toll House Milk Chocolate Chips®
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped (I used 1/2 cup chopped pecans, then 1/2 cup of finely chopped)
- Cream the butter and sugars together.
- Add the eggs and mix.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- Mix in the flour combo a cup at a time.
- Add pecans and chocolate chips until fully combined.
- Grease a 15×10 inch jelly roll pan. (pan with approx 1 inch edges)
- Spread dough evenly across the pan filling in all areas.
- Bake at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool on a cooling rack. (You can either flip it out on a baker’s rack or if you don’t feel comfortable doing that then just leave it in the pan to cool.)
Buttercream Icing Ingredients:
- 1 stick of Butter, softened
- 1/2 cup of Crisco Shortening
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 4 cups of Confectioner’s Sugar
- 2 tbsp Milk (in an emergency you could use creamer, I used Coconut Creamer 😀 lol!)
- Sky Blue Gel Food Coloring
- Cream the butter and shortening.
- Add in vanilla and milk.
- Whip adding 1 cup of confectioner’s sugar at a time.
- Add desired amount of blue food coloring. I used 4 drops of Sky Blue.
- Spread icing across the top of the cookie until it’s an even surface.
- Top with festive themed sprinkles.
- Slice in small squares and enjoy!
Photos are property of Katy from http://www.redbirdrecipes.com