Howdy! Here’s the dessert I made this week! DEWBERRY CHEESECAKE!! Oh heavens it was yummy! I’m not typically a cheesecake eater but this was DIVINE! It only made it 2 days before it disappeared! Try it out!
Dewberries were hand picked by my father in law!
*Note: If you don’t have dewberries you can use black berries or raspberries.*
Recipe adapted from The Pioneer Woman
- 1/2 heaping cup of finely chopped Pecans
- 1 whole box of Vanilla Wafers (you can sneak a few for yourself, I won’t tell)
- 1/2 cup of melted Butter
- 3, 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 & 1/2 cup Sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 2 cups of Berries
- 1/2 cup of Sugar
- 2 tbsp Water
- Heat oven to 350*F.
- Use a food processor to chop the vanilla wafers and pecans.
- Add in melted butter to the processor and pulse to fully combined.
- Pressed mixture into a 10 inch spring form pan. *NOTE: I always wrap the outside bottom of the pan to prevent leaks. Better safe than sorry.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined. Add eggs in while beating. Add sour cream.
- Add filling into pan. Smooth top over if necessary.
- Bake for 1 hr. Turn oven off and let set for 15 minutes with the oven door open.
- In a sauce pan bring the berries, sugar, and water to a boil and cook for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Pour topping onto cheesecake after removing it from the oven. Let cheesecake cool then refrigerate for 2-3 hours before serving.
Adapted from The Pioneer Woman
Katy from http://www.redbirdrecipes.com
All photos are the private property of Katy at http://www.redbirdrecipes.com