Howdy! Last night I made delicious fully loaded Chicken Jalapeno Popper Potatoes for dinner! They were a hit! You can either make 2 giant potatoes for two or split them and half for 4 people!
Chicken Jalapeno Popper Potatoes
- 1 large Jalapeno, diced
- 1/2 small Onion, diced
- 1 clove fresh Garlic, minced
- 5 slices thick cut Bacon, cooked then chopped
- 2 tbsp Bacon Grease reserved for cooking
- 6 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 Sharp Cheddar Cheese, grated
- 1 x-large Chicken Breast
- Salt & Pepper
- Chili Power
- Olive Oil
- 2 large Russet Potatoes
- Poke holes around the potatoes with a fork. Coat potatoes with olive oil. Then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Wrap the potatoes individually in aluminum foil. Bake at 425* for 45-60 minutes. Check at the 45 minute mark to see how tender they are. Rotate 2 times to avoid overcooking on 1 side.
- Cook the bacon in skillet and reserve 2 tbsp in the skillet. Chop bacon and set aside.
- In the skillet saute the onion, jalapeno, and garlic in the bacon grease until tender.
- Put bacon and pepper mix in a mixing bowl with the cream cheese and cheddar cheese.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and chili powder and tenderize until it is 1 inch thick. Cook in the same skillet you used for the pepper mix. Chop and add cooked chicken to the mixing bowl. Mix it all up.
- Once the potatoes are done you can either make 2 large potatoes or cut the potatoes in half to have 4 servings.
- Place the open faced potatoes in an oven safe dish and spoon in cheese/chicken mixture into the potatoes. Add extra cheddar if desired. Bake at 300* for 10 minutes until the cheese chicken mixture is hot and melted.