Howdy gang! My kitchen has been quite busy the past two weeks. The poor hubs has had a lot of non-home-cooked meals on account of all the baking orders I’ve been filling. 😀 Alas, we can’t all be June Cleaver 24/7! Am I right? My goal is to cook most of our meals from scratch but that goal is not always achieved. I was finally able to whip up a special quiche for the hubs. He absolutely loves quiche. However, he refuses to use that word. He insists on calling it an “egg pie” . Men. Though, I guess technically he is correct, right? lol 😀 Whatever!
I call it a Garden Quiche because it has such a huge variety of garden veggies in it!
Anyhoo! Here’s the recipe! Enjoy!
Garden Quiche with Bacon and Goat Cheese
- 1 refrigerated Pie Crust, par-baked in a glass pie dish
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 Scallion, diced
- 2 cloves Garlic, diced
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 3-4 small Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 really small Jalapeno, sliced
- 4 slices of Thick Cut Bacon, chopped
- 1/2 cup Sharp Cheddar, grated
- 1 small package Herb and Garlic Goat Cheese, chopped
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- 6 Eggs
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Par-bake the crust in a glass pie dish using pie weights for 3-4 minutes at 400*F. Set aside to cool.
- Layer the tomato slices on the bottom of the pie shell.
- In a skillet, saute the peppers, scallion, spinach, garlic, mushrooms, jalapeno, and bacon until bacon is fully cooked. *You can add the spinach at the end.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Add cheeses and sauteed veggies into the eggs.
- Pour egg mixture into pie shell.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes at 400*F.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.