I’ve got an easy family dinner for you today! This dish is one that my mom always made when I was growing up. Well, I guess I’m still growing up, right? 😀 The leftovers get better and better as the flavors meld together. Besides the taste, I love this recipe because I can throw it together and eat on it for a few days.
Shrimp and Sausage just belong together. Celebrate their union with this dish! 😀
Shrimp, Sausage, Mushroom, and Saffron Rice Casserole
- Mahatma Saffron Rice, 10 oz. package
- 2 tbsp Butter (for the Rice)
- 1 can of Tomatoes with Green Chiles
- 1 can of Cream of Mushroom
- 1 lb of Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4-5 Link Sausages, precooked and sliced
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup of Mushrooms, sliced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook rice as directed on package. In my experience it always cooks faster than the time mentioned for the microwave AND on the stove. So I’d knock off like 2 minutes of the cook time to avoid drying it out.
- In a skillet cook sausage and onion for 6 minutes on medium high.
- In a large bowl mix all ingredients together.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour mix into a large glass casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered at 350*F for 30 minutes.