What a sunny week we’ve had out here! Huzzah! The past few days have been filled with outdoor games, swimming, and trips to the park! Delightful times!
I even had a little time to practice my cookie skills! Here’s a fox that I did!
Anyways, here is what went down in my kitchen for lunch the other day. Spinach and Artichoke Quesadillas! I have been wanting to concoct this recipe for awhile and finally got around to doing it. It was absolutely delicious!!! One thing I loved was the fact that it is decent on calories if you substitute reduced fat ingredients! It’s stuffed with spinach and artichoke which makes it a filling meal! These would go great with a prickly pear margarita! 😀 😀
This recipe will be making a regular appearance in our household each month! Yum! Try it out!
Spinach and Artichoke Quesadilla
- 8 oz. Reduced Fat Cream Cheese
- 4 cups of Baby Spinach, fresh
- 1 can of Artichoke Hearts, drained & chopped
- 1 small bunch of Chives, chopped
- 4 cloves of Garlic, chopped
- 1/2 Red Bell Pepper, chopped
- 1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 5 Burrito Size Tortillas
- Cooking Spray (for crisping)
- Grilled Chicken (optional)
- In a skillet on medium low, cook spinach, artichokes, and bell pepper until wilted. Cover with lid to speed process.
- In a large bowl, mix the cream cheese, chives, pepper jack, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the spinach, artichoke, and bell pepper to cream cheese mix. Stir until fully combined. The heat will make everything melt and combine.
- Scoop desired amount of spinach filling onto half of each tortilla and fold over to close. Add grilled chicken if desired.
- Spray tortilla with cooking spray on both sides.
- Cook quesadilla in a sandwich press or skillet at medium heat until crispy on both sides.