Howdy gang! This week has been a real crazy weather week here in Texas. We’ve had a mix of hail, flash floods, severe lightning, and tornadoes. So of course I am thankful for every little bit of sun we have received this week. The rain has certainly given me a lot of time to work on my cookie decorating skills. 😀 Waddles has resorted to usual cabin fever behavior, unfortunately. He does NOT like being stuck in the house all day and goes out of his way to let you know it! Anyone else have an opinionated fur baby? 😀
Yesterday, we got a full day of sun. To celebrate I decided to make some club sandwiches! I know I speak of my love for sandwiches quite often, but this one is extra awesome. 🙂 It has bacon, jalapeno ranch dressing, thick cut smoked turkey, and jalapeno cheddar bread. Beautiful. This is your classic club with a twist of jalapeno! 😀
The only recipe you need to make this sandwich is the jalapeno ranch recipe which is found below!
Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Turkey and Bacon Club on Jalapeno Cheddar
- 8 slices thin cut Bacon
- 6 slices Jalapeno Cheddar Bread (from bakery)
- 8 slices Smoked Deli Turkey
- 4 slices Pepper Jack Cheese
- Romaine Lettuce
- 2 dollops of Creamy Jalapeno Ranch (recipe below)
- Cook the bacon.
- Toast the bread.
- Layer lettuce, 2 slices of turkey, 2 slices of bacon in an X, jalapeno ranch, and a slice of pepper jack.
- Add the middle slice of bread and repeat the previous step.
- Eat your sandwich masterpiece.
Copy Cat Chuy's Creamy Jalapeno Ranch
- 2 cups mayo
- 2 cups sour cream (16 oz tub)
- 1 cup tomatillo sauce (salsa verde)
- 1/4 canned jalapenos with some juice
- 1 fresh jalapeno seeded
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1 bunch of cilantro, washed
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 2 packets of ranch dressing mix
Puree all the ingredients in a large blender adding the ranch packets in last.
Store for up to 5 days!