I’m a huge fan of the frozen fish stick. I know, I know, I’m a 5 year old child. Don’t forget to pair it with boxed Mac n’ Cheese! 🙂 But seriously this was one of my favorite meals as a child. And it was not something I got all the time. Only if there was no time for a home cooked meal and by golly my mom pretty much had a home cooked meal for us every night. So to my young self fish sticks and mac n’ cheese for dinner was a special occasion.
Anyways, my adult self does not purchase frozen fish sticks or really frozen food in general, except maybe an emergency frozen pizza here and there. Alas, the occasional desire for crispy fish sticks does still come around. Thus, the salmon fish stick was born.
I made these one night for myself and made a separate baked salmon filet for my husband by request. I don’t think I’ll have that request ever again. He wound up eating some of my delicious crispy fishies and wishing he had his own plate of fish sticks. lol 😀
So here it is! Try it out with my homemade honey mustard! Nothing too fancy but it is oh so yummy! 🙂 Enjoy!
Crispy Salmon Fish Sticks
- Fresh Salmon, 6 inch hunk about 2 inches thick
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup French Fried Onions, crushed (optional)
- Cajun Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Slice salmon into 1 inch thick long slices. (sticks)
- Pat dry the salmon.
- Rub all four spices into the salmon.
- Coat salmon in flour.
- Dip salmon into egg.
- Coat salmon in bread crumbs french fried onions.
- Fry in a skillet filled with 1/2 inch of vegetable oil. Approx. 2 minutes on both sides.
- Serve with fresh HONEY MUSTARD. 👍