Today is another Tried it and Liked it recipe. This one is from the ever fabulous Damn Delicious food blog. Go check her out y’all this recipe was a home run for sure! 😀
We thoroughly enjoyed every single ounce of this soup. We ate it all week long. It was pure, sinful bliss! It made quite a bit! The next time I make this I will probably freeze half of it so we aren’t eating such a high calorie soup every single day. lol!
I definitely recommend this recipe for the hunting lodge or winter family get togethers! This is definitely going to be our go to potato soup recipe!
*I did add an extra potato, smoked cubed pork, and extra sour cream to make it creamier and chunkier. But honestly this recipe is on point already! 🙂
Check the original recipe out here: http://damndelicious.net/2013/10/14/loaded-baked-potato-soup/
Loaded Baked Potato Soup
- 5 slices bacon, chopped OR 1 cup cubed smoked pork
- 5 tbsp butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups milk, can add more if needed
- 4 russet potatoes, semi-peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cups packed green onion
- 1 cup sharp cheddar, shredded
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- salt & pepper
- Cook your bacon, set aside to drain on a paper towel.
- Melt your butter in a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat.
- Whisk in flour to make a roux, whisk until lightly browned, approx 1 minute.
- Whisk in the milk stirring constantly for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and green onions.
- Bring potatoes to a boil then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender, approx 15-20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese, sour cream, salt & pepper.
*Add more milk if the soup is too thick.
*Add more sour cream if it’s not thick enough.
Adapted from: DAMN DELICIOUS