Need a quick Cinco de Mayo recipe idea? Here is a super super easy one! Last weekend my husband smoked a large pork shoulder using some mesquite wood. It was delicious. We ate it all week long. SWEET SMOKEY GOODNESS!
With just two of us eating on 4 pounds of meat I came up with 3 extra ways to use the meat. These are great ways to use a lot of pork without repeating a recipe! 🙂
1. I made bbq pork quesadillas with honey bbq sauce, sharp cheddar, onions and cilantro.
2. Next, I made hot grilled cheese sandwiches with pork bbq sauce, provolone, and onion. Delicious!!!! 😀
3. The last 1/4 pound of the meat was used in a scandalous Loaded Potato Soup in place of the bacon!
Slow Cooked Pork BBQ Quesadillas
- Fresh Homemade Tortillas
- Sharp Cheddar
- Fresh Cilantro
- Sliced Yellow Onion
- Sweet Baby Ray’s BBQ Sauce
- Smoked Pork (chopped or sliced) (Buy by the pound at your local BBQ joint)
- Heat a skillet on medium heat.
- Drizzle BBQ sauce on one tortilla.
- Lay some pork, onion, cilantro, and finally cheddar on top of the BBQ Sauce.
- Top with a 2nd tortilla.
- Use cooking spray to coat the top tortilla. (You could use butter or spread)
- Carefully lay the quesadilla greased side down into the hot skillet.
- While the quesadilla cooks, spray the other tortilla.
- Cook until gooey and hot inside!