Howdy gang! Today, I’d like to share one of my kitchen home runs from last week. The hubs is a huge fan of stuffed mushrooms and I felt like venturing beyond the ordinary dinner. 🙂 For the stuffing I chose Chorizo, Egg, and Spinach. I was going for a breakfast themed mushroom and it totally worked. For the cheese I chose a smoky Gruyere. Yum! If you like stuffed mushrooms I highly recommend trying this out for size! 🙂
CHORIZO SPINACH STUFFED PORTOBELLO CAPS WITH GRUYERE
- Chorizo, small package
- 2 cups fresh Spinach, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 Portobello Mushroom Caps
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove stem and gills from mushroom caps. Wash caps and pat dry.
- Brush a small amount of olive oil on each cap.
- Lay each cap onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake caps gill side up in the oven for 12 minutes. Pat dry after baking.
- Cook the Chorizo in a skillet.
- In another skillet cook the chopped spinach on low until wilted.
- In four small bowls, divide the spinach, chopped garlic, and eggs. Whisk vigorously to mix egg mixture.
- Place about 3 tbsp of Chorizo in each mushroom cap.
- Carefully pour in egg/spinach mix into each mushroom cap.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with grated Gruyere cheese.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes or until completely tender.
- (Add extra grated Gruyere if you want to be bad) 🙂