This is a Tried it and Liked it recipe that I found online. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyeBkP5BdP4 I also believe it is published in the EPCOT Food and Wine Festival cookbook! The original recipe I found refers to it as Australia’s Grilled Lamb Chops. Check out the link above to see a video tutorial for their recipe!
This was my first time to cook lamb chops, so I was very nervous. Overall the recipe turned out great and could easily be used with pork chops instead of lamb. I found the directions and prep easy which is always a great thing! One thing I did differently was use a thicker lamb chop that was boneless. This required me to increase the cook time of the meat.
3/4 cup olive oil
1 tbsp lime zest
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt
4 lamb chops
2 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup thinly sliced onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic
Salt and Pepper to taste
3 cups Shiraz wine
(Recipe from Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival Cookbook)
• Combine olive oil, lime zest, lime juice, garlic, mint, pepper, and salt in a shallow dish large enough to place the lamb chops in one layer.
• Coat both side of the chops in the marinade and leave for 2 hours at room temperature, or up to 24 hours refrigerated.
• For the sauce, melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat.
• Add onions and garlic and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
• Season with salt and pepper.
• Stir in wine and bring to a boil.
• Reduce heat and simmer for at least 1 hour, or until mixture thickens and reduces to approximately 1 cup. The glaze should be the consistency of syrup.
• Grill the chops for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
• To serve, allow 2 chops per person, with Shiraz reduction.