This is a creamy pasta packed with cheesy veggie goodness! There are only a few ingredients!! The reason I love this pasta is because the pasta/veggie ratio is literally half and half! AND IT’S QUICK AND EASY!!!
My mother used to make this all the time when I was growing up, but she used fettuccine instead of bow tie pasta. She also would put diced breakfast ham in the pasta. Over time I stop putting ham in it because I always forgot to buy it but still absolutely loved the dish without it!
Try it out! 🙂
Veggie and Ham Bow Tie Alfredo
- 1/2 box of bow tie pasta (I use Barilla Plus)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup of Smoked Ham, diced
- 1 cup of Carrots, julienne (I go heavy on the carrots because I love the natural sweetness they add)
- 1 medium Zucchini, diced
- 1/2 cup Mushrooms, sliced (3 medium mushrooms)
- Heavy Cream
- Parmesan Cheese
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet then add in the veggies. Cook the veggies on medium heat for about 15 minutes until they are limp but not mushy.
- Add in 3/4 cup of heavy cream to the hot veggies and stir.
- While stirring, add in 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese. Stir until the sauce thickens. You can add more heavy cream and Parmesan to adjust the thickness.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon in the bow tie pasta to mix with the veggies and sauce. Don’t worry if a little pasta water gets in. This starch water will help thicken the sauce.
- Plate it and top with a sprinkle of Parmesan! Enjoy! 🙂